Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Walking tractor snowblower fitment questions

rickpilgrim

I have a 1954 simplicity L1 in excellent condition, however it has a predator 6.5hp engine on it. I have a chance to buy a model F walking tractor snowblower. Other than the lack of reverse on the L1 are there any other fitment issues with this?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it will hook right up...the quick hitch was unchanged for 30 years (with 1 or 2 rare exceptions). You have the power to spin it, that's for sure!

Should have the power....... The only reason for the predator 6.5 is on there is because the L1 came with no engine and rotted off tires and I had that engine was $78 on sale with the super coupon. I blasted and repainted it, got a 4/3/2.5 aluminum pulley and some new 5x12 tires and belt, good to go. The blower is $90 and just needs paint so a+b should be good. Thanks

Don't see too many of the blowers for the walkers, would be a nice piece to pick up.;) I have a L1 that is on the list of soon projects, neat little tractors. You should post pictures of it sometime if you get the blower and hook it up, I'd love to see it!8D

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to post the 3 pics of the almost completed L-1 but for some reason I can't get a paper clip icon and no paste to cut and paste them here. As soon as I find a good free photo sharing site I will post a link.