Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

CVSB10JCS

OT - Way OT!!!

CVSB10JCS

I am trying to fit up my old mini bike for me and my son to ride and and brake lining has lossen from the pot metal? shoes and I cant seem to find brake/pad adhesive anywhere? does nayone know of a place I could send the shoes to to get the lining reglued??? There are no rivets!

fishnwiz

Maybe JB weld? That stuff is pretty strong, Otherwise I know there are some guys who have relined cone clutches. Maybe they can chime in with some ideas. Good luck.

GLPointon

Find any contact cement or epoxy that will stick steel to the lining material. should say on the labels. I use Plio-Bond (contact cement) for lotsa things in the shop...or you can google the size of the brake band, I'm sure it is available somewhere..?

Good luck & have fun.

ps...I fixed my kids old go-kart & took it for a spin. d:) I've gotten bigger or it has shrunk...

I looked like "a big lump of crap on a roller skate" :o)

maxwood

Hello, I use a product called E-6000 It is available at walmart or kmart or hardware stores in the adhesive section. I have used it to glue brake bands and also to glue magnets onto the inside of flywheels. It works great

Ken in Mi

maxwood

Hello, I use a product called E-6000 It is available at walmart or kmart or hardware stores in the adhesive section. I have used it to glue brake bands and also to glue magnets onto the inside of flywheels. It works great

Ken in Mi

perry

I have never fixed a band , but what about drill and rivet it on the ends . or use a rope type brake lining off a simplicity tractor if the go-kart one is brittle. maybe counter sink rivets . just some ideas i can think of.