Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Beginning to hate Nelson

pungo

At some point my parts man should be calling with the results for the nelson muffler.

I have guys that have 40 years counter experiances, as for me,....

With the two mufflers using the same numbers it makes it a hit or miss with the Nelson style.

I have known about the repo muffler, bought one of the first ones made, that is the one with the center seam and very well built.

An update, the muffler is as i posted above, with the two outer seams.

I am very disappointed, figure the next step is to contact a JD collector and see if he can give me a bead on the Nelson type muffler.

If you are looking for a nelson reproduction muffler that looks almost exactly the same we have them for sale and they are made of heavier metal with high temp paint. They are also a little quieter as well compared to the nelson but still have the "good" sound to them. I run these on all of my allis chalmers and simplicities :) As for the exhaust problem I have never had a problem with it when they have a slight downward angle even when running my machines for hours on end.

I already know, on ebay, $ 60 each, Josh showed me them.

The squire 9 has the original Nelson muffler, will be ordering one to replace it.