Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
B-16_IC

Wednesday night haul

B-16_IC

I hauled home a couple 900 series project rollers and decks last night from a fellow member (DaveBsACs). Mr. Bloomberg insisted I post a picture of them heading to there new home, I think he was proud of our stuffing job, I know I was.:D I forgot just how much longer these are than my usual FDTs, makes for a squeeeze in an eight foot bed.8) Two tractors, two 48" decks, four bags of horse feed and one for the chickens that we'd picked up before getting there. I am all about multi-purpose trips. I'll have to get the gray matter going this weekend to figure out a game plan between these and the current 900 that has held down mowing dutys lately. Time to glean the grain from the chaff, I love a good puzzle!

IMG_20130925_212411_076_zps55caecc4.jpg

IMG_20130925_212504_346_zps791cc026.jpg

Stopped for fuel in Wever and the war dept. commented on the bright lights under the canopy, "perfect time for a picture!" I think she's getting into my sickness a bit.;) I only ask for tolerance, but I'm happy to get more. ^

B-16_IC
quote:Originally posted by Chris727

That sure is a tight squeeze. At least one of those came from the local dealer in Old Monroe, MO.

id="quote">
id="quote">I was looking at that decal tonight wondering if anyone was familiar with the name, guess that answers my query!:D Are they still going?Thanks guys for the comments, and yes both double hydros!dOd I'm looking forward to power lift for sure. I did a quick look over tonight between the three and sort of have a plan. I believe the 917 will be getting a good cleanup and a couple repairs to run again albeit with Briggs motivation. The 916 will be giving up parts for a "different" project I have had in mind. I'm thinking I could use a hybrid around here for a couple chores.;)

Chris727

No they are closed, but I know Mr. Galloway. He lives about a mile from me. I think they closed around 1991-2 as a White dealership. They quit AC before Deutz took over because of problems with the company. Dave acquired that tractor from a former salesman of that dealership and had it on his trailer when he picked up a 5010 from me this spring. I really enjoyed visiting with Davesm01

Originally posted by B-16_IC
quote:
id="quote">

SmilinSam

I see one has the old hard style plastic steering wheel and the other has the newer softer taller plastic steering wheel.

There are two types of those softer wheels. One mounts just like the hard ones with a bolt through the side of the steering shaft. Those are the good ones in my opinion. The other type has a flat end on the steering shaft with a bolt end up through the center of the steering wheel. I dont care for those, as the wheels can be hard to get off and the threaded stud often busts/rusts off.

If you have that second kind and are going to part one out for a hybrid project , I'd dump that one. Or, if you are going to dump the other one, I'd swap steering gear sets.

Just thinking out loud....;)

DaveBsACs

Chris,I wondered if you recognized that one. The 16hp ran like a top with a little tinkering and will power the 716 that came with that load.That one was toast.Will look forward to another visit you way again.

Chris727
quote:Originally posted by DaveBsACs

Chris,I wondered if you recognized that one. The 16hp ran like a top with a little tinkering and will power the 716 that came with that load.That one was toast.Will look forward to another visit you way again.

id="quote">
id="quote">Just give me a call the next time you're coming through, I've picked up just a few more odds and ends:)

B-16_IC

Chris thanks for the info on the dealer. I'll keep the dash tower preserved I like dealer stickers.

Sam, thanks for the thoughts on the wheels. The 900 I've been using has the early flat style and I like it. Works great with a spinner knob for balls out mowing! I'll have to look closer at the dished wheel to see which it is. Reminds me of an early Dodge Omni steering wheel.:I

B-16_IC

Chris thanks for the info on the dealer. I'll keep the dash tower preserved I like dealer stickers.

Sam, thanks for the thoughts on the wheels. The 900 I've been using has the early flat style and I like it. Works great with a spinner knob for balls out mowing! I'll have to look closer at the dished wheel to see which it is. Reminds me of an early Dodge Omni steering wheel.:I

B-16_IC

Sign in to follow this