Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Agcodick

New guy with a 1916, need some info

Agcodick

Hey, New to the forum. I own a Deutz 612 hydro and a week ago I got my father in law to buy a Deutz 1916 for $200 on Craigslist to replace his constantly breaking Lowes special junk Huskvarna. This 1916 has 900 hours on it. It runs like a top but I see the front end sags bad an the right side seems to have a bolt cobbled into it. I found all the parts in some online diagrams. My question is what parts should I get to do a complete rebuild on this front end and is this an early or late style front end. Catalog number is 1691389 and the serial number is 10256. Also it spits the outer belt off and I see that the pto shaft houseing is loose. Is this common? Those 2 problems and 2 different brands of rear tires and this thing should be ready for him to use without trouble. Also where can I get a good repair manual? Thanks

Dick

Agcodick

Ill have to get some pics. I did find a big problem with it today. The piece that holds the deck and has the loop the pto slides into is badly broken and has been "welded" if you want to call it that.