Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7016H & 7117 Parts and Attachment Interchange

didenpx

I'm buying a 7016H from a friend. It has snowthrower attachment and a mowing deck but has a bad bevel gear.

My brother has a 7117 with a fried wiring harness and wants to do a joint buy on another 7117 that is available in our area without an engine.

My question is whether I would be able to use the bevel gear box assembly out of a 7117 to repair my 7116H?

If not, would it be possible to re-power the 7117 with a 7116H engine?

Will 7116 attachments work on a 7117?

These are probably all stupid questions, but I'm new to all of this.....

You ave a minor typo there the way I read it, are you buying a 7016 or 7116?

Either way, all the attachments should swap, possibly with a different belt length on some.

As far as I know, the gear boxes will swap too.

As for repower, The 7016 should be a Briggs I think, and the 7117 should be Kohler powered so you would have some minor wiring differences, and I think possibly drive shaft hook up. With both tractors available for parts, I think the swap would be fairly straight forward.

Welcome to the club !!

The BGB will swap without issue. They are the same gear box from the 3400 series all the way through to the last Sovereign 18 made in 2000. Regardless of hydro, shuttle and 6 speed transmission.

7100 series tractor attachments are interchangeable. The 7016 used a different hitch for the blower. If you are using the Briggs from the 7016 in the 7117 and the 7016 has the front PTO on the engine you can use the hitch you have. The front PTO on the 16hp Briggs will not fit a KT 17. The shaft sizes are different. So if you use the KT you will need a different hitch.

You can repower the 7117 with the 16hp. The holes are in the frame for the single cylinder K series, the KT and Briggs single cylinder.

Thanks to everyone for the prompt and very informative replies!

Yes, I meant "7016."

We ended up missing out on the 7117, so I guess that I'll be sourcing gears and figuring out how rebuild the gear box.

If this turns into a legitimate "restoration" project I'll be back for many more questions and will hsare photos to document progress.