Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Best tire chains

sb64

i have ordered from tirechains.com before, and they had excellent quality and service along with quality. I will be ordering from these guys again, and The european diamond style is available for this size tire. It's less than 2 link, and has the best reviews. I just wanted to know which ones you guy would choose and why. These are for my 64' landlord with turfs, but i might be getting ag's.

Link for selections:

http://www.tirechain.com/23x8.50x12.htm

Link for applications/useage:

http://www.tirechain.com/Garden-Tractor-Recommendations.htm

If you have gravel, go with cleats. If you value your driveway stay clear of them. Other than that, the 2 link are better than 4 link, and the thicker the better.

quote:Originally posted by sb64

These are for my 64' landlord with turfs, but i might be getting ag's.

id="quote">
id="quote">turf's and chains are they way to go. AG's are for dirt / gardening and of course looks ;).

I've used 2 link for years on both a 2012 and 7119. Even with snowblowing 500+ feet of gravel driveway, I've very rarely had traction issues.

Well for this season, I'll probably stick with what I got in the package deal. Which was, 4 link with cleats. But next year, I'll either buy 2 link or diamond style. Still undecided.