Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rickf

720 /powermax eye-bolt & tube Clutch spring parts?

rickf

Seems the tube on my clutch spring's been working loose. This tractors seen some hours and probably like me the previous owners used the clutch more than the hydro... Take some getting used to.Anyway, put new belts on tightening the spring up and it pops.. guess I shouldn't have cleaned all the grit from the threads! There isn't actually a very large threaded portion inside the tube, and my eyebolt may have already been re-welded with new threads. I might try welding a bolt on the end of the tube, or crimping it slightly, but the threads on the current eye-bolt aren't in great shape either. Any better ideas, or anyone have a spare they want to sell?thanks

clutchparts.jpg

clutchparts.jpg.7177ddbe5b9c50749d72a8dae5b97efb.jpg

PGL

I had one (number 6) rust up and twist off when I tried to adjust it. I was lucky enough to get a used one to replace it, but the one on it had already been fixed once by welding threaded rod on the ring at the bottom. The threads in the nuts were still OK. Anyway, cutting off the threaded part of the eye bolt and welding on a threaded rod or long bolt should work.

PGL

I reread your query. My tube threads were OK. I haven't tried it, but maybe you could weld or JB bond the inside of the tube and rethread it or cut off the tube and weld on a nut.