Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1970 MONTGOMERY WARD 14 HYDROSTATIC

jklw77

Have a tractor that has not run in years,was running when parked , ran strong GIL330048A Model ,serial #07X69039 . 14 hp briggs, relativeley good shape other than not running.Heavy duty is a only way to describe it. Was told the hydralic lift would loose lift as mowing went on.It has a hydrostatic trans ,and a 48" deck.I am not familiar with this style tractor.Who makes the trans? What about servicing hyd. filter on trans? Any members that are familar with this tractor any infromation would be great on the upkeep on this Gilson.Soon to get going after getting carb kit,filters, battery and a good cleaning,change fluids

Have about the same thing sitting in the shed. Bought it cheap for a spare 14hp. I think they are heavy duty as you stated but not attachment switching friendly at all. The rototiller drive shaft running from the front to back gets wrapped up in long plants, like you need to mow first. The pivot point on the tiller is also BADLY designed at it leaves the gear box close to the ground and WILL high center you if you drop a rear tire in the normal hole left from raising the tiller. I think the hydro is made by Peerless

I also believe the mower deck is as heavy as the Tractor ....LOL :D

They are a beast of a tractor but a pain to work on . I have parted out over a dozen of them .