Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SnoBee

littlemarv

Visted a fellow today who has around 40 Allis Chalmers tractors, he said he wanted to get rid of this because he's tired of tripping over it and he's not into the small stuff anyways.I had to help the poor guy out so I took it off his hands.

snobee 004.jpg

snobee 005.jpg

snobee 006.jpg

snobee 007.jpg

snobee 008.jpg

He said he never tried to get it going, so its on my list of projects for this fall/winter.

57e058c44aa26_snobee004.jpg.abec5eb2ec864a135e12735389a8277a.jpg

57e058c45c3a4_snobee005.jpg.30c6ee1a94aa3797c40b744a74664ccb.jpg

57e058c473de7_snobee006.jpg.61e4f037097e80df8c52986fbdd66b64.jpg

57e058c484238_snobee007.jpg.ebb7c58b34cdefbe4c30071a042604e0.jpg

57e058c4936f7_snobee008.jpg.5c587031a05d83282a5bd72d404fdf52.jpg

So whats a Hahn built unit? Something special?

Never heard of it, can't seem to find any info over on Simpletractors on these either.

Thanks for the help....

I just traded an electric start Sno-Bee 5 to Nathan Gale. those are awesome 2 stage blowers. But the belt is a bear to replace!! yours has an aftermarket muffler. I had to replace mine too, the oem muffler was only $19 if interested.

Nice find dOd

quote:Originally posted by littlemarv

So whats a Hahn built unit? Something special?Never heard of it, can't seem to find any info over on Simpletractors on these either.Thanks for the help....

id="quote">
id="quote">Hahn was another company, they built some blowers for other companies, like A/C and Simplicity.They were a very good, heavy duty unit.A search for Hahn Eclipse might find you something

Yeah, I used to have an MTD walk behind, but I sold it once I had an antique garden tractor with all those swell attachments. Only to find out in my small driveway by the time I get the tractor out and spend most of my time turning around I could almost have it done with a shovel.

So, now that I've got the CORRECT walk behind, we're going to try again, once I get a chance to work on it.

I've had a walk-behind snow thrower on my "want list" for a few years now. I had a thrower attachment for my tractor but I rarely used it. Our snowfall here in the Pittsburgh area usually is best plowed. Usually Craigslist will have a few walk-behinds during these fall months.

Nice find for a nice price! Good luck with it.

Well, today I got a chance to look this thing over.

Whoever put this blower away last did a good job- carb was drained and needle and float were like new. Fuel tank looks good inside. Put the spark tester in- good spark. Oil looks good. Dumped a little fuel in, pulled her over 3 or 4 times, fired right up.

Auger works, paddles work, drive works in forward and reverse, all systems go.

Has anyone ever studded tires like these? Since they are solid I wonder if that would work better?