Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC Delco starter/generator question.

todd93

Hi, I have an old Bolens tractor, was needing some info on the AC Delco starter/generator. I chipped the paint off the tag, and it had the following number: 110197360. I am unable to locate any info on this particular model number. The problem I am having is that the voltage it throws jumps all over, upwards of 60 volts at times, thus overcharging my battery. Was wondering if it's possibly the brushes or something in the generator doing that. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I have been unable to find through google anything on this generator, was hoping to find parts somewhere for it.

Thanks

Welcome to the Club!

I believe the older Bolens had Briggs engines. Try a search on the B&S

site using the engine #s, or on PartsTree.

Cheers

Thanks, I know for a fact that this Bolens is a tube frame, and has an 8 horse Kohler. As for the numbers, I need to look at it and write them down. This does give me a direction, though, and I appreciate that!

If you have any good Auto electric shops in the area, they might be able to help.

We have one near us that will test for free and tell you what is wrong.

They also rebuild them so they must have sources.

Had a tube frame Bolens,for a while. They did come with a variety of motors, not sure if Kohler was one of them. Wisconsin and Techumseh for sure . There used to be a couple of sites with Bolens info out there. Also a Yahoo group at one time.

High voltages sould like the regulator is either shot or not there.

quote:Originally posted by GregB

Had a tube frame Bolens,for a while. They did come with a variety of motors, not sure if Kohler was one of them. Wisconsin and Techumseh for sure . There used to be a couple of sites with Bolens info out there. Also a Yahoo group at one time.High voltages sould like the regulator is either shot or not there.

id="quote">
id="quote">Well, yes, that could be true in some cases, but tested before the regulator, directly on the generator. The regulator is actually in good shape.