Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
midnightpumpkin

We are targeted

perry

that is a bummer of a sign :( . go tell them to set any old garden tractor to the side and buy them around or over scrap value. there is a few place's around here that did that for me. but the big scrap yard does not allow anybody to buy things . few years back i went to the big yard with a load of scrap. and there were two old wheel horse tractors complete and good shape . i asked the loader driver about them and he said nope they are not for sale . i was going to ask th office but as soon as i pulled my truck away the loader driver smashed the tractors into the pile }:).

sb64

You'll never catch me doing that! Apparently some people don't understand that things made along time ago were made to last. And the worst part is they'll probably make a new cheap-:|| mower out of the recycled:Y

isetta

Just need to go buddy up with the folks working there to get first dibs on the good stuff when folks bring it in! Can't tell you how many great finds brother in law made when volunteering for community clean up day...... No better feeling than cleaning a plug, fresh gas, jump start and hearing the old dudes roar back to life. Their loss our gain.

GLPointon

That implication is insulting ngr2

...then again...anyone stupid enough to scrap a Simplicity in that good of condition deserves only scrap value for it dzsm00:o)

I've told a few scrapers here in the region to watch for any "Garden Tractor or Attachments" and I'll more than beat the scrap prices if I want it.

midnightpumpkin
quote:Originally posted by DanD

Yea..that's horrible. At least use a Deere if they want to go with the more green theme.

id="quote">
id="quote">Too much plastic in the Deere's, they want the good stuff.John U

littlemarv

Maybe the scrapyard owner is a Simplicity collecter and looking for new projects????

Just thought maybe I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Have any of us thought about going big when it comes to want ads?

Give him some credit.:D:D:D

mbinwi

censored1.gif ? That is bad! They should show a Poulan! (I think they are made by MTD) I picked one up for scrap price, only because it had a new Briggs 14.5 IC engine. The rest was truly junk! Cracked frame, broken transmission mounts, front axle "tube" (yes, a hollow tube, not a solid piece) was cracked, and the spindles on the deck were made from some type of cast aluminum, and ALL of the mounting bolts "tabs" were broke.

Truly a piece of junk!.

Mike.

GrincheyOne
quote:Originally posted by huffy

I think you should write them a letter. Getting a few Ohio members to join you to picket outside their facility would be good, too.

id="quote">
id="quote">A part time project for Osenga?:DWayne

RayS
Originally posted by midnightpumpkin
quote:
id="quote">John, I heard a while back that scrap plastic is around $500 a ton. Not sure if it is true or not. I never have been able to sell plastic but the recycle centers are always full of it.Ryan, he may have also had a Simplicity that he wasn`t to fond of as well.

acfarmer

I'm friends with a scrapyard owner that has stocked his farm with

equipment that people brought in for junk.To his credit he saves anything farm or garden tractor related to resell.A couple of them around my area do it.Crushing a perfectly good machine for its scrap value then sending the metal to China for them to make something that only last a short while sure isn't "Green" with all the energy involved.