Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MunK

New to us 3012

MunK

2u4ljef.jpg

Picked this gem up the other day. Runs great, everything works, even the variable. This afternoon Grandma and our granddaughter took it to get some squirrel corn for this winter. All I heard all day was "Gram pa, ride tractor" Seems the younger generation likes the old machine as well. She scoffed at a ride on the Exmark lolNorm

perry

That looks to be a nice machine , and a hydro lift is a + ^. the one variable i had i followed all the adjustments from the manual and it seemed to work pretty good. i only used it a few times a year to blow snow.

MunK

Thanks, it is pretty clean. That said it's not flawless. It's had the seat pan and hood resprayed (why I have no idea the paint underneath the cheap paint is pristine) Someone put the wrong fuel tank in it and neatly cut an additional hole in the hood (built in can holder)

It runs mows and drives flawlessly. The engine doesn't smoke knock or do anything odd. The variable works as it's suppose to. (I was worried about this part reading about them) And my favorite part, it is just old and cool. Now to try and learn about which attachments fit what, and find a few so I can further clutter my buildings with cool stuff.

I have a short wish list. I need a lift mechanism, a snow blower, a HD tiller and a belly blade at the minimal. I intend to work this one while keeping it as pretty as possible.

Norm

Sign in to follow this