Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SIMPLICITY NON powered leaf/grass rider bagger ??

fishnwiz

This week I bought a 4211 with a NON powered type rear bagger leaf/ grass collector. Some of the Simplicity units had a rear bagger with a blower (Power vac)that attached to the deck discharge shute and were belt driven off of a second pulley on the deck. The unit I have has NO blower and just bolts up to the deck. The tubes that lead to the rear are flat and clear in one section... Anyone have any experience with this type collector system? It seem to me that it will NOT be very effective due to the distance the clippings need to travel up the tube and into the rear bags? There also was a different type blade under the deck on the discharge side that I am guessing increased wind speed to help move the clippings up the tube?

We had a 4212 when I was a kid with that bagger. It worked great.. But only thing is just make sure the grass/leaves are dry if to wet it will plug up. And you will have a nice pile of clippings built up in no time at all.

Originally posted by JJ MARSHALL

is the right blade different then the 1 on the left?if so could be high lift blade.the number is stamped on blade.JJif it came with the catcherthe right blade #1671565 < I think >the left blade #1671593if no catcher blades both # 1657589JJ

Yes Joe, there are two different blades with one being the HIGH LIFT type.I could NOT read the markings on it!

Thanks Ray for the link!dOd

I am beginning to think that this may be a marriage situation after viewing the link Ray sent me. The tube shown on page 22 are round and go to the rear bagger, the pics on 44 of the same manual show the type tubes (Flat with clear view tube)I have on my tractor and those seem to be made for the cart collection system. Does anyone know if they used this flat type tube on a rear bagger setup or only on the cart collector?

My 4211 has a bagger, the tube between the deck and bagger is clear and oval shaped. It works great with the high lift blades. This system works great unless the grass is wet or too tall, it will plug up.