Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

are these the same tractors?

sdhdcouple

just checking before my plans go to far. are these three tractors the same tractors just different names? one is the 712 Allis Chalmers and the 2nd on is a 712s Allis Chalmers and the other is the 7012 Simplicity. I am just double checking since I am new to Simplicity tractors. will most the attachment interchange between these units?

182.jpg

222.jpg

1725.jpg

182.jpg.82bd1bac4bf8fbef6ee8e61b18b503c7.jpg

222.jpg.c4f2d64feb4d616cedde4e43e92c65fe.jpg

1725.jpg.e27006b6707a5b5231bef012eb00d2cf.jpg

One has a Briggs. The Allis`s have Kohlers. The attachments are interchangeable. Other than that and sheet metal they are pretty much the same.

Your transmissions are different, also. The 712 in the first picture appears to be a hydrostat. It will work great with the tiller. The gear transmissions are too fast, unless you have a 6 speed with high and low range. Looks like lots of possibilities there.

lets see, the 712s has 3 speeds and the rust bucket with the sickle bar has a six speed. the 7012 has an electric lift also, I think. just trying to figure the best way to make two neat tractors out of these three.

I'd definitely keep the hydrstat and electric lifts in play. The Allis' look real nice.

The shuttle actually has 4 speeds, but I have never tried to till with one in 1st gear. 1st gear on mine is painfully slow, but I'm betting it's still a little quick for tilling. Great for plowing snow and mowing though. Shifting from forward to reverse requires no clutch and is smoother than the hydro. Maintaining a sloooow ground speed for work like tilling could be a workout though. Not sure.

Simplicity should be a 7012. Same tractor

7000 series Simplicity same as 700 series AC

7100 series same as 900 series

AC generally had Kohler

Simplicity it's had Briggs

And some Kohlers

quote:orange metal guy, I already own them.id="quote">
id="quote">

Then I would sell them to myself at a ridiculous amount. You'll make a boatload, and still have three new tractors!:D