Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Considering a 3 point hitch on my Landlord

MrSteele

Anyone here ever tried a marriage of a 3-pt hitch off a Sears with a Landlord? I have an old Sears tractor with a 3 pt and manual lift that looks like it would be interesting on the back of my Landlord, for a small disc or blade. When I get the tranny back together, that is the next project. Just wondering aloud

Hello, The sears tractors have a slanted rear plate that the 3 pt bolts to.

I have seen the slanted plate transplanted onto other tractors to use the 3pt on them.

good luck

Ken in Mi

I did it once for a project. It worked fairly well and with a bit more thought would have worked well.

I don't have it anymore, so no pics.

I used a piece of 8" channel for the plate, welded 4 tabs to it, 2 open hooks to hook under the rear lift, and 2 tabs to pin to the standard lower hitch points.

Then I cut the manual handle off the sears 3 point, and used a chain from it to my rear lift.

The whole deal was for 1 job. An older friend asked us to dig him an 8" deep trench to run wire from house to barn for electric. Over 300' long.

I took all the tines except 1 in the center off a Sears cultivator, Had someone stand on the cultivator, and pulled him a "trench" in about 10 minutes. LOL

I did use it to cultivate my garden for part of a season till I got a better cultivator. It worked fine.

LOL Yea, some of it didn't get that deep.

It was temporary till he could get poles in and power from the street.

Just didn't want to hit the wire with the mower, He had already lost a couple extension cords.....

I've seen a few over the years with narly and nice 3pt adaptations. Unless a guy was limited to some old Sears attachments, I'm not sure why anyone would want to do it. Simplicity attachments seem very plentiful.

I bought the Sears at an auction for $7.50, for the starter/generator. Might even keep the cast iron Tecumseh engine, but looking with tinkering lust at the 3-pt hitch conversion

I don't have a Deere, and I'll bet you have more invested in the adapter plate than I do the whole Sears lawnmower? This weekend is going to be a transmission assembly, start tinkering on the 3-pt, will let you know what I decided, and try for pics if I do it

Well not much $$$ in the plate as I bought the hitch with the plate bolted onto it for $10 at an auction and sold the hitch to a Sears guy so I'm in pretty good shape on the plate(LOL)