Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor Identification

allis712

I have recently acquired a Allis B1 garden tractor which I was told was a 1961. On the back of the seat pan there is a tag with the serial # 1020 AC, but I can't seem to cross that number. Any info from a member would be appreciated

Thanks John

Records says it is a 1962 MY machine and could have been buit in 1961.

Tracing by tractor serial number gets you nowhere, but if engine is originsl 7-1/4 HP we can give you an idea by its model number and S/N.

BLT thanks for the info and I will get the model and serial# off the motor. The tractor looks original down to the bolt together mower deck they offered back then, I will find out and let you know!!

Not sure it applies to the B-1's but one way to figure out when a 725 was built is where or not the gear shift lever is bent to the rear. If I recall right according to Kirk's research before '62 they were straight. Looked at my "haven't touched yet" garden Mark and it is straight.

Thanks guys!! I need to go thru it and put the original coil back on the engine as someone mounted an external ignition coil with a resistor.

quote:Originally posted by pungo

Isn't that coil hard to find? Nice tractor!

id="quote">
id="quote">I know of a former dealer that has some parts who is checking for a coil for me, see what happens!