Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rickpilgrim

early 9 or 10 hp Landlord frame today and ...

rickpilgrim

The wrecking yard called the other day asking if I wanted a garden tractor chassis and I picked it up. No wheels/front axle/ hood/ mower or engine but the rest is there.

Looks like a 725 but looks like a drop in for the 10-16 hp engines as the oil fill/drain holes and notches are there and it has a small smile cut in and pushed down, the spare 10 hp drops right in. Paid $25 for it.

So with a little lift can I use the spare 725 hood/grille seat pan on it? Also thinking with shorter belts using the ac716 6 speed bgb and trans to make a modern gt that looks old.

Thoughts anyone?

simplewrench

Never liked the look of the 725. Until I got one and used it a little. Didn't take long for it to grow on me, and you can't go wrong with a six speed. Keep in mind that you will need to add a hole and bung for the hi/low selector. Sounds like a fun challenging project. Have fun!

rickpilgrim

It's on my list of winter projects to do. Besides, I have all these left over parts that we have laying around here. Looking at the 6 spd I also think the arm with the belt tensioner will need to be shortened about 2" or so. And I could always cut the bung out of the 6 spd plate and weld it into the other plate, or so I was thinking...