Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Not quite the worst

Chris727

This might be the second worst I've bought. At least in terms of movability.

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

I think the rims are not too bad.

IMG_0687.jpg

Custom headlights. Believe it or not they managed to install them with no mods to the hood or grille.

IMG_0689.jpg

Hooked onto it with the B-110 and couldn't move it. Removed the deck and that didn't help much. Finally got it drug with two people helping to push while I towed it. Mainly bought it for the tiller and rear lift assemly. This one is a 3410H with the vickers. Haven't inspected the BGB or hydro closely. Engine was said to have run for 10 minutes. Time will tell what that means. Mower deck is swiss cheese and spindles locked up. Also scored a 2nd 36" tiller with it. Both have good tines but may leak a little grease. Only 1 set of idlers though. I think I am now a tiller hoarder.

IMG_0683.jpg.ae8b7df70b823134603d167c922212f4.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg.31bcb9b9738fffaf2da8b8ac5cf65a6e.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg.c0229d3261eac6bf00ca126b99e73a1a.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg.d6f34ed5fce53d7eaf5480a108b88120.jpg

quote:Originally posted by gwiseman

I dont know what to say Chris. You're going to have to buy more property or start stacking 'em;)

id="quote">
id="quote">We might know where to find Chris when the next auction comes up that has pallet racking, hey Gene??Looks like that deck has seen it's day, all perforated and bent.

quote:Originally posted by gwiseman

I dont know what to say Chris. You're going to have to buy more property or start stacking 'em;)

id="quote">
id="quote">Gene is correct. He has seen my mess in-person. I also have a 3416S thats kind of rough. May swap some parts around and make one tractor out of two.

quote:Originally posted by SmilinSam

Gaurenteed worst set of tires I have seen:DEver get Carls tractor fixed up?

id="quote">
id="quote">I actually had it fired up the other day. I need to order one of those cheap voltage regulators for it. Need to pull the engine and clean it.

Here was the worst. Also a tractor/tiller combo.

parts700no1.jpg

parts700no2.jpg

parts700no3.jpg

The tiller had to be cut apart, literally. I saved the grill and sold the tiller tines. Finally scrapped the hood, seat deck, and steering column. I believe it had been in a flood. Engine oil pan had cracked and all the oil was gone. Was very difficult to disassemble the engine.

I think the tank was not salvageable. Even the tiller drive could not be removed from the lift. Believe me the 3410 is much better, the engine turns a little, the tiller turns well and idlers are OK.

quote:Originally posted by Chris727

Here was the worst. Also a tractor/tiller combo...The tiller had to be cut apart, literally. I saved the grill and sold the tiller tines. Finally scrapped the hood, seat deck, and steering column. I believe it had been in a flood. Engine oil pan had cracked and all the oil was gone. Was very difficult to disassemble the engine.

id="quote">
id="quote">Sounds like confession time Chris^

quote:Originally posted by goatfarmer

That'll clean up............sm01

id="quote">
id="quote">I like the "dished" steering wheel.Me also sees a straight shifter.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• littlemarv
    • Ronald Hribar
    • Tommysbuilders
    • NandoG
    • Austin
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts