Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Just picked up a B212

bowhunt4life

I brought this home today. Basically the bare tractor. I picked this up to mow with and run the EZ Rake.

I had to swap out the mule drive portion as it was very sloppy and had some funky pulleys on it.

This is the first Variable Speed tractor. So far so good, shifts smoothly and changes speeds fine.

Throttle cable slips from full throttle to half, any suggestions on that fix?

2013-10-26144153_zpseceb6607.jpg

2013-10-26144140_zpsc79edc5c.jpg

2013-10-26144147_zpsb2b3bb33.jpg

Does anyone know what this it?

mysterypiece_zps26e93bc4.jpg

Very nice looking machine you took home.

BTW can I have the cable setup. Figure I would to have it since it was said someone would want to buy it ;)

He got it from a guy in his 70's a few years ago in trade. Got it home tested it. Took the head off to find a mouse condo, after I was told it was kept in a heated shop and the guy assured me it was mouse free.

Only issue I see is the choke needs to be half out to run and the throttle cable slips when locked into position at full throttle slipping to mid throttle.

Talntedmrgreen

Yeah, those twist locks have a limited life span. Vice Grips will do, until Ray ships you a new one ;)

I saw that!! Right up the road from my house. but I'm stuck at school in Platteville so you sneaked that one past me!! Nice haul

He was asking a pretty high price but with a little bartering I was able to get it down to a deal I couldn't refuse. Plus he met me halfway.