Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowthrower Fit

tamurmueen

Hello, folks. Can anyone tell whether this 42" Snowthrower will fit on an old 2012? Is it a simple install, or is any special adapter required?I do not have, unfortunately, a part number. The reason I am concerned, is that the hitch seems wrong: not to have the correct set-up for the engagement rod connection.Thanks.

Snowblower 1.jpg

57e058d4ee7dc_Snowblower1.jpg.8e952ec0fc4b4f82a257d177bbf14f80.jpg

Thanks, Perry,

However, the hitch in the photo doesn't appear to have the upright at the external right end of the engaging rod that goes across the top of the hitch, and to which one attaches the hitch-clutch handle.

Aha! I see! He has the front lift rod turned around and bolted to the lever that the clutch handle is meant to be pinned onto; and he appears to be missing the clutch handle. I hope that is it. Thank you, gentlemen!

Amazed, once again, by the support offered on this site - a perfect example of the best of the American way!

quote:Originally posted by dentwizz

Even better with electric clutch. I have that model on my 64LL quite nicely 8D

id="quote">
id="quote">Do you have picturecs with the electric clutch setup?

I stuck one on an LL after shoving a 16 briggs in it....wow, what a blowin fool! I only used one small bolt to hold the clutch from turning and added a toggle to the dash. Cant seem to find any clear pics of it...extremely easy. The clutch was a freebie in a box of parts.

Exactly, ill see if I can get it slid on for some pix over the weekend but its pretty straight forward depending on how far you want to integrate it.