Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
perry

changing pulley size - belt size

perry

I am changing the transmission drive pulley on my 2010 landlord from the stock 6 1/2" down to a 5 1/2" pulley for more ground speed. The stock belt size is 42.3" . would i just have to drop a to a 41.3" belt ?. does that sound about right ?. This is a continuation from a post I made last winter when i put a Variable 3spd transaxle into my 2010 tractor. see post here - http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=124366&SearchTerms=trans

sim007_zps33222f44.jpg

PhanDad

Circumference of a 6 1/2" pulley is 20.42" (pie x dia), the belt wrap is 1/2 = 10.21"

Circumference of a 5 1/2" pulley is 17.28"; belt wrap = 8.64"

10.21 - 8.64 = 1.57" shorter belt

And speed increase = (6.5/5.5 - 1) x 100 = 18%

perry
quote:Originally posted by B10Dave

:D:D Perry; I know it's a long way to your mailbox but do you really have to get there that much faster? LOL....Dave

id="quote">
id="quote">Yes i do :D, but don't want it too fast. just looking to get it close to the speed it had with the old trans.I had a wheel horse that was WAY too fast and it was dangerous plowing snow.

Multiplicity

...5 1/2" is an ideal size for just moving around,

have used that for years on my Landlord.....Not sure

about for Rototilling or Mowing, as I use mine for

wood hauling work mostly.....

osenga

I think If I remember correct. That I read if you remove a vari drive and go to a standard shift. That it said to use a 4 1/2" pulley was going to do it once bit never get that far on that project. I sold it before I got to it.

littlemarv

That there quantum physics equasion from PhanDad is pretty impressive. I think I'll print that and keep it handy. I'm getting tired of running three times to get the belt the right length.

MrSteele

But, all that running is good for your heart, which will make you live longer, so you can make more trips back and forth with the wrong part, which will make you live even longer, so you can make more trips.....

perry
quote:Originally posted by dentwizz

I've been mowing with the 5 1/2 pulley for years and it's just fast enough to keep the deck on the ground and cutting. Any faster and it skips.

id="quote">
id="quote">This tractor is my designated snow plower only. now I wonder if i should go with a 4 1'2" pulley . ya i still have not got around to getting this finished yet sm00

TRACTORS003_zps0693b285.jpg