Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

Winter fleet ready

SmilinSam

Been working for 2 weeks on modifying blower & cab to fit Broadmoor I got at Al Edens auction this summer. Got her done today .

DSCN0176_zpsbc3ff82d.jpg

DSCN0184_zps071fca26.jpg

DSCN0177_zps80dd1e22.jpg

Cab was NOS in box, courtesy of Al Edens auction, so was blower hitch , though it was for a Prestige. I had to cut several inches off the front of the hitch, trim a little, and drill new holes to make use of the older style blowers. Cab was actually for a LT 12.5 / 90's style broadmoor. Major mods were centering front and rear main frame brackets as the cab was offset to one side a few inches to accomodate side mount lift lever on those models. Had to cut sides off those pieces and adjust to correct length to center cab on newer tractor then re-weld.Then altered floor pan plates and drilled new holes.

DSCN0183_zpsf27c260b.jpg

DSCN0181_zpsf603a000.jpg

The right inner support wont let the brake pedal go down, so I opted to make a plate to zip tie to the start safety on the brake pedal so I can start tractor while cab is on.

DSCN0179_zps263a2431.jpg

Caught wife in a good mood and she sewed a pocket into the front panel for the lift lever.

DSCN0182_zpsf5eb0b21.jpg

Left inner support wont let the lever go all the way forward for down pressure, but with the blower on gravel, I dont want down pressure anyhow.

DSCN0180_zps843e2dc8.jpg

Put eyebolts into top instead of bolts and ran rope to hang assembled cab from cieling in shed when not in use.

DSCN0187_zpsa18a9431.jpg

I just hang then off a rope & pulley using a boat winch mounted to a side wall.

DSCN0195_zps470308ad.jpg

Heres the fleet assembled...just need chains on a couple..

DSCN0188_zps5a1462da.jpg

DSCN0191_zps5046b0ac.jpg

DSCN0189_zps05b2e9d2.jpg

DSCN0192_zps9a4bedfa.jpg

DSCN0190_zpsb5c4fb9c.jpg

Only thing was, once I got the cab/blower done on the BM, had to take it off again for leaves first..XX(:D

DSCN0193_zpsf464c847.jpg

[/img]

Talntedmrgreen

nicely done and documented! A very good looking snow fleet. Looks like you ahve quite a bit of driveway there too. Is it all to be cleared, or is any of it optional snow removal?

SmilinSam
Originally posted by Ronald Hribar

I tried to alter my safety start or pedal so I did not have to push pedal into cabI was not successful Does your mod disable safety?Could you post picture?

That said, there is a safety on the cruise lever to keep the engine from starting while in gear, but the two direction foot pedals do not have a saftey, but they are self centering back to neutral. The brake pedal safety is there to get your foot off and away from those pedals while starting.I used the simple tied on plate so I can easily remove it when the cab comes off.I could go to the extensive work to modify the cab further, but didnt want to at this time as I am the only one using this machine. Now if I ever sold it, I would have to make those mods just to be safe.

Ronald Hribar

Thanks Sam

The factory cab doe not allow a lot of room for brake pedal either

Afraid when it is cold out that I will rip canvas

I was looking to bring pedal back farther when in neutral position so it would engage brake and safety switch earlier had no good idea on how to do so

SmilinSam
Originally posted by tadams

Is this a commercial fleet or just for the neighbor hood?

id="quote">Not even for the neighborhood, just my own drive and shed lot.With a measuring wheel, I measured the drive from the mailbox to the sidewalk at the circle in front of the house at roughly 612'. The lot in front of the shed doors is approx 85'x 30'. After an average 8" snow it can take me 2 hrs + for a thorough job of snow removal.A number of years ago when I was still using all Wheel horse tractors, I shelled out the gearbox on my 2 stager. Just happened to have a Simplicity and a blower for it, even had a electric clutch to run it. That oddball Simplicity saved my bacon that winter. Last winter I broke the axle tube on the 914 plow tractor, with no spare tranny at that time.This year I made sure to have backup tractors:p
quote:Originally posted by GregB

SO does that mean you will get no large snow storms this year }:)}:)

id="quote">
id="quote">One could only hope:D

SmilinSam
quote:Originally posted by gwiseman

While ya had them all lined up we shoulda had a picnic, invited Carl & had an auction.

id="quote">
id="quote">Do ya think an auction would be as interesting as the "negotiations" we had with him to buy his tractor?:D:DDont know if he's recovered from that "beating" yet... have ya Carl?Wish I had a video of that..:D&:)&:)&:)

timflury

I can see one plow tractor and one blower tractor, but two each???

You can only sit on one machine at a time, then hop off and run another....

So who runs the other blower/plow tractor??

SmilinSam

Probably no one Tim. The kid might if he were home at the time of a snowstorm. Doubt the wife would.

Tractors are here anyhow, and the attachments were cheap.. so I figured be better to just set them up for backups now rather than later if the main ones break down when its cold and snowing.

Though, I probably will have to "try them out" just for fun.:D I thought that was what this tractor disease was all about anyhow..trying to have fundOd

CarlH
quote:Originally posted by SmilinSam

Dont know if he's recovered from that "beating" yet... have ya Carl

id="quote">
id="quote">

Bruises from the beating have pretty well gone away. Now SWMBO expects me to get rid of more stuff. Don't if I would survive much more of that beating. XX( I was laughing so hard I just about peed in my pants.

OrangeMetalGuy

With 40-year old tractors it's a necessity isn't it??

quote:Originally posted by Tacey

Beautifully done smilin Sam! I think it's prudent to have one tractor per attachment. And even prudenter to have a backup tractor per backup attachment. ;)Tacey

id="quote">
id="quote">

Sign in to follow this