Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I Just Like Tractor Time

Talntedmrgreen

Time is valuable for a guy that can't sit still. Sometimes I wonder if time spent goofing around with these old machines is a waste...let's face it, I make more work for myself than necessary, or even justifiable. Real life has made things awful busy lately, but this weekend I had some real free time with Jr, and we spent most of the day goofing with tractors. It was a ball. When asked why I have my machines, I usually just tell the truth...I just like tractor time.

-Chased down a real nice York model RM at daybreak

-Installed narrow fronts on the HB-112 for winter

-Swept the drive out to the main road on the HB-112/Sweepster

-Handed off a 60" dozer to a visitor and new friend, from Ontario

-General Joyriding on the Big Ten/FEL and B-207

-Rewired the Homelite CT-10 (bought as a non-runner, and with $0 invested, it runs great!)

-Last mowing of the season along the West side of property/township bike path with the T16S

-Cut some downed trees and shuffled logs with the loaders

-Cleaned up the trails through the woods with the CT-10 and York Rake

-Turned over my exploding compost pile with the 3112H/FEL

-Mounted the 60" BEFCO flail mower on the Legacy

-Converted my PTO shaft from smooth output shaft to 6-splined to run it

-Mulched & Vac'd leaves with the 7790 diesel

-Washed dog poop of of various tires (some soft, some quite crusty)

-Rearranged the shop to allow for some reasonable workspace, and then tucked them all into bed!

Here's a few pics...had a good time on a rare, dry October day. Wish I had paused to capture more of the time.

20131027_144018.jpg

20131027_144127.jpg

20131027_144521.jpg

20131027_144526.jpg

20131027_144601.jpg

20131026_125314.jpg

20131026_084921.jpg

20131026_114052.jpg

20131026_114221.jpg

20131027_144958.jpg

20131027_145029.jpg

20131027_145022.jpg

20131027_145500.jpg

20131013_112126.jpg

20131027_183717.jpg

20131027_183725.jpg

20130922_183427.jpg

20131025_202958.jpg

Next on my list is to get the Squire's 6 & 10 running, and I'll have nearly a 100% operating fleet of 17!

Well, you got me beat. I used the dethatcher behind my 2012 to rake a few leaves into a pile yesterday so that I could mulch them up. But, aside from mounting the snowplow and tire chains on my SS last week, that's about all the tractor fiddling I've done in about a month. It got too cold for the grass to grow several weeks ago, and it hasn't been snowing enough to have to plow yet, so the tractors are pretty much just sitting for now.

That's about how mine have been...sitting. I was happy to get some chores done, feel like I accomplished SOMETHING, and then played a bit. Leaves are about done now..t.this past week really knocked them down, and you know hwo surrounded by trees I am. I've run the 7790 4 times now, to stay ahead of them, and last nite I had the 42" deck belt slipping a bit. The diesel never really reactied though, running that and the PECO vac. The B110 would have stalled out...seriously.

Awesome Josh. I too have been busy. Got the B12 and Vac Unit running to keep the leaves of the yard and horse pasture. Still alot of leaves to go.

Mounted a deck on the new arrival, B212 and replaced the fuel line, added filter and shut off valve.

I try and get as much time this time of year, outside of bow hunting, with the tractors before they are mothballed for their winters nap.

Oh Chris...you need to get more winter implements, so NONE of the machines go to mothballs. ^

Josh thanks I really enjoyed hearing the stories here.:D

Wow! You are loaded to the gills with tractors!

Nice yard, set up, and equipment! dOd

quote:Originally posted by yukon

i got tired and sweaty just reading that lol ,and i like that wrench cleaner you have.:D

id="quote">
id="quote">Yeah, he does a great job! He perfers the flavor of SAE 30 over 5w30...must be like chugging a good whole milk versus 1/2%. ;)

I'm VERY jelous of your "Tractor Day" Josh sm06...I've been spending every spare hour I have remodling a "new" old rental house we bought (money pit). 8Cwah!....I cant wait to get back to my Fleet and some quality tractor time of my own.

Ha...I just picked up 800sq ft of wood flooring today that I need to find time to install. It never ends.

My "Tractor Day" last Saturday consisted of loading the dump cart heaping with firewood and parking it next to the fire pit and slowly emptying it.:Dsm00:Dsm00 It was Trick-or-Treat day.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• ShaunE
    • SmilinSam
    • a_sannine
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts