Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dentwizz

HB-112 question

dentwizz

Where do I get a filter for the HB-112 rear trans? I did not see one in it but it is pictured in the master manual, indicating the PO neglected it...sm00 Shocking.

Not really, the PO torched a hole in the chassis side when he repowered with a 16hp. The oil pan was on backwards rather than flip the pan. Grr. At least it has the 16:D

What parts are still factory available for the rear?

Talntedmrgreen

I'm willing to bet Simplicity will sit on those for a while. Most folks locally source one of these alternatives:

NAPA 1300 (or 1467)

Wix 51467

Purolator H20247

Hastings HF710

Baldwin PT849

perry
quote:Originally posted by dentwizz

the PO torched a hole in the chassis side when he repowered with a 16hp. The oil pan was on backwards rather than flip the pan. Grr. At least it has the 16:D

id="quote">
id="quote">same thing someone did on the 16hp in my Big Ten . and PO said the local mower shop installed it. they also cut a hole in the grill tower for the dipstick . that actually works out good but only when the hood is off

dentwizz

The same engine install had a dipstick under the grill frame but they didn't cut it(thank goodness.) I just modified the dipstick while I have the engine out, so that the dip is below/in front of the generator so that it doesn't need to interfere.

Thanks, Gregg I was going to look at EM:p