Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ace for belt source

Mike

I froze up another idler pulley on my 916 the other day and burned up another belt, needed to get it back up and running quick and couldn't wait for shipping on the belt, stopped at Ace Hardware yesterday and found one for 8.19, they even have a book with all makes of tractors belt sizes, I know it may not be as good as a factory belt, but the hydro belt is pretty smooth running verses a deck belt as an example.

Sure couldn't beat the price.

Now I just need to find a good source for idler pulleys...

I have purchased a lot of belts from Ace to put on the tractors I flip. Never had any issues with them but then again I don't know about the longevity of the belts I buy. The price is right!

Mike, you might find in time that the aftermarket belts do not hold up to the standards as the OEM belts. I always buy the OEM belts and it is sure worth wait. If you still want buy the OEM idler pulleys, I go to a website sepw.com, they carry the Simplicity parts.

auto parts stores are good place to look for cheap belts when your in a pinch. some of the aftermarkets are decent belts. but for OEM belts i like to get them from Brenda at Sandy Lake Implement. she takes care of us good and speedy shipping .

I use Ace Belts, and never had an issue with them.

About the only time I have to replace them is when

something causes them to fail.

I can buy three Ace belts compared to one OEM belt.

If you freeze up a pulley a $30.00 belt will burn

up as quick as a $8.00 belt.

In my mind, aftermarket is not a way to go. I bought a hydro belt from Farm and Fleet in Wisconsin, their book said it was for my tractor. It did not even fit when I move the idler pulley in the 3 adjustment holes. So for me, I don't mind buying OEM belts.