Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
davidmoll

6216 meets 6516H

davidmoll

Well I bought the 6516H last weekend for $200 and getting a manual lift bar from another club member for cheap. Hope to restore the 6516H but need to bring it back to life mechanically first. New battery and spark plugs and she turned right over. Hydro needs a fluid and filter change, also need a new drive belt. Now that the 6516H is driveable I brought her inside and parked it in front of my 6216 out of the weather. After I got off the tractor I snapped this picture as it appeared they may have been trading stories? You may think I'm crazy but my 6216 has done a lot of hard work for me over the years and has a special place in heart and it has taken on a life of its own. The day I brought the 6516H home my 6216 clutch/brake frame support cracked in half. Took about an hour to drive some holes and a piece of angle iron to hold it together so I could finish picking up the leaves. It was like it knew I had a backup and was jealous. Hope to go back and forth between the tractors so I can eventually restore both.Moleman

6216meets6516H.jpg

6216meets6516H.jpg.3039e9025e5324076f0e63b10ff5e97b.jpg

GrincheyOne
quote:Originally posted by davidmoll

Exactly. Now I hope it doesn't fire itself up and try and run me over for betrayal.

id="quote">
id="quote">Just don't leave the deck on, in case it does}:)

Sign in to follow this