Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Any auto cad or engineer types?

Burntime

I know, I know, we are all shade tree engineers. My question is can anyone auto cad off the pics of my hard cab so that I can build one? I know there are programs that can estimate very closely the size. My baby was stolen and I do not see any out there, thought it would be a good project next summer. Once I replace the welder...

I can give it a shot. I had three years of classes in highschool of it. Have the latest version downloaded on my laptop through college now. Also can write CNC codes to lol.

I am looking Ray...Figured I would start getting my ducks in a row!

Homesteader, thanks a million! I can guestimate, and I may mod it anyway, but just the basics like the windshield angle etc would be a huge help.

Very nice! I think I may have found an 01 with a triad (GASP) with less than 40 hours on the machine. Its purdy as heck!:D The triad and machine look like new as it was only used as a snowthrowing machine. I had the 20hp command I put in my last machine and it was incredible. This time around its going to be a brand new 20 or I am looking for a 25hp command just to be different. The torque goes up from 32.2 to 39 something. I am always on the look out for an ariens 2 stage 48inch to modify. Don't want to be doing the driveway snowthrowing too long you know!:D

google sketchup is a pretty usefull "drawing/"drafting"" program. for getting ballpark, its a free download, people do a lot of neat stuff with it. I've used it a few times, gives the option of importing a picture and tracing over it,.. might help in finding angles or whatever for your cab...... just google sketchup, its free