Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Powermax vacuum setup

isetta

Anyone have a good vacuum / trailer setup on a Powermax? Pictures? I am trying to decide if I will switch over from my 1960's Broadmoor setup this fall to get to bigger capacity and less time.

I don't have a vac on my P Max but was seriously considering one. Cyclone rake is the company I contacted and they have a system that will bolt on, is on caster wheels so everything stays in line when turning and has the tubing and fan to handle a 60" mower deck. It is a lot like my Peco vac on a Toro GM345 w/72" deck which is an awesome setup for leaves or just grass. The cyclone rake may seem a bit expensive as by the time I option it for commercial use it will run about $2400, but again this is a big system that should handle anything but sticks. To me the 2400 was not terible as the Peco was double that plus a few hundred in 2005 and other than that intek motor headache has been light yrs ahead of the sovereign turbo bagger cart it replaced. Going from a broadmoor based system to your P Max with a Cyclone will make you wonder why you didn't do it sooner IMO

Woah,, back up the truck a tick,,,,

You have a vac setup for a Broadmoor???

Those things are as popular as hen's teeth. The last one I saw was just the engine and blower assembly and it fetched almost $300.

Yep but, it's one I built from scratch, including the impeller and housing. Experimented with the engine unit mounted to the back of the tractor and then on the trailer, either way it worked great for leaves. I love that Broadmoor, especially the starter generator, but after mowing with the Powermax the small deck on the old guy just takes too darn long |)