Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
osenga

Tractor of the Month November

osenga

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Place your tractors for the Tractor of the Month (november)

IT will be Sunstar tractors made by Simplicity, Agco,Duetz, If i missed one let me know

1. For club (paid) members only.

2. Allis, Homelite or Simplicity badged tractors are eligible.. Later on, other tractors will be allowed.

3. The selection committee will determine each monthly criteria.

4. They can be a restoration, an original, a rescue, a modification, an extensive repair/rebuilt - as called by the committee.

5. Narrative and pictures are required - to tell its story, and why it is deserving of being the Club's tractor of the month. Tractors that do not meet theme criteria will be removed by the comitteee.

6. Members can enter a tractor multiple times (months), but it can only win once per year. Once they've won, they cannot submit it again for a year on any subject.

7. Each contest will have four week submission period followed by club membership voting for a two period after that. When a winner of that period is announced a new subject will be presented.

8. At the end of the year, we will have a separate contest of the previous winners for Tractor of the Year, with a bigger prize.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added by Kent

This is now open for members to enter their own tractor. The newly-formed committee will determine future categories.

Post your entry as a reply to this topic, with pictures and a story -- sufficient to convince club members that it is deserving of being the club's Tractor of the Month.

Please post only entries/nominees in this topic -- any other replies will be deleted.

Once the nomination period is over, this topic will be locked, and members will be asked to vote on the nicest tractor listed in this topic.

GLPointon

I would like to nominate "Huffy" Chris' Sunstar...I haven't yet seen it with the latest improvements. But I know he has upgraded it with a rear lift, rear PTO and an awesome custom fitted garden plow ;) and more. Chris if your willing you'll need to load the pics....

ardisam

I would like to put my Deutz Allis 1920H in the running for tractor of the month. This tractor has been our family for over 20 years, my grandfather got it back in '85 when he traded our Allis Chalmers 917. It has been a workhorse between mowing and snow blowing and we continue to use it year round. It came with a 48 inch deck and a 42 inch blower, I bought a 60 inch deck for it and it does a awesome job mowing. The motor has been rebuilt twice, the front tires have been replaced and rears are still original. I repainted it to keep in running condition.

mini-IMG_20130928_153310_562.jpg

mini-IMG_20130928_153310_562.jpg.6f0c6ac2f4a8877ae8e864099a808562.jpg

SmilinSam

Putting up my Sunstar redressed in Allis Chalmers colors up for consideration.

DSCN0053_zpsfa334a55.jpg

DSCN0054_zps5e72fc3b.jpg

DSCN0185_zps1231dc20.jpg

DSCN0124_zps0f9da56b.jpg

MFG# 1691357 Serial# 001002This tractor has some interesting history. As the story passed on to me goes, Club member ka9bxg purchased this tractor used from a guy in Mountain Wisconsin whos dad apparently worked at the Simplicity factory. He was told that the engine in this tractor blew up on test start at the factory. From there the engine was replace with the single cylinder Kohler magnum it had when I got it, and was then used as a yard tractor at the Simplicity factory. After a few years the tractor was bought by the guys that ka9bxg got it from. A couple years ago, or thereabouts, my son bought the tractor from Bob (ka9bxg)from an ad here on the club. He wanted it for the 3 point hitch and rear PTO it had on it. He took those off and sold the tractor with a 60" deck to a guy he knew. That guy blew up the single cylinder Kohler it had and then he put it on Ebay, tractor in one auction, deck in another. I threw a low ball bid in of $150 and ended up getting the tractor.This is what it was like when I started..

ebaysunstar.jpg

Here is the build topichttp://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=121234&SearchTerms=allis,sunstarThe tractor was really only a parts rig, pretty bad, but its the only Sunstar I ever had, so I fixed it up. It does have power steering, though its from a Landord DLX and utilizes the factory manual steering components original to the Sunstar. I also used a rear lift setup from a Deere 332 and added a 2nd lever and 2 spool valve to make both 3 point ad center/front lift work independant of each other. See build topic link above for details and pics. I chose to paint it AC colors in the scheme of the 8000 series AC farm tractors, which I think the Sunstars look like anyhow. Went with 18x8.50x8 front tires I got from my son, and Deestone 26x12x12's on the back. Wanted the deestones as they are not as tall as Carlisles of the same size. Right now the engine is a K321 out of a AC 314H. Did minor wiring changes to acomodate the battery ignition setup. Tractor has had dual brake setup added, but I havnt found a two speed transaxle yet, so its just a standard 1 speed transaxle at this point.I use this for box blading, landscape raking, and front blade work. Will be adding a grader blade to the mix next year.