Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis B-110 leads the parade

JimDk

Our little village of Utica, PA was 150 years old in 2013. We had a little celebration last August, with a parade. My B-110 was selected to lead the parade. Ryan, my tractor loving little neighbor, is riding shotgun. This is the tractor that I rebuilt from two of my deceased neighbor's tractors, so it has much village history.

LeadB110leadingparade.jpg

TurningthecornerontoWaterSt.jpg

LeadB110leadingparade.jpg.0b4d7a15c666cadad1dace53913dbf67.jpg

TurningthecornerontoWaterSt.jpg.6c7bbd67aee5403424218bcfb0c32e6c.jpg

Thanks all. It was a fun day. I can expand a little on the tractor's "village history". I call it "My Neighbors' Tractor" It was bought new by C.P. "Doc" Marshall in 1967. It was the only GT that he ever owned. He mowed his large lawn with it until he died about 2005. Many residents recall Doc driving the tractor to the local gas station, and were happy to see that it survived. Another neighbor, the Nicklin family, also had a new B-110 that had passed down through 3 generations. The BGB case had broken and it was parked in the weeds with a great running engine.Several years ago, I got the urge to restore one using the best parts of both. I was able to buy both, and the pictures show where I started. Doc's tractor was sunk in the mud and Nicklin's had become a mouse condo. My dilemma now is: How do pass it along and have it remain as part of the village history? I may task little Ryan's parents with that job.

Pic001rs.jpg

BillsEngineRS.jpg

Pic001rs.jpg.985be0033f11e76b788e8d5f56b5b261.jpg