Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

need some direction

cityboy2977

with help from members & posts here i was able to change the 7116 from manual to hydro lift.

my problem now is that it wont lift without a relief valve kit(1673538). at least i believe that is the problem.

can anyone point me in the right direction as to where i can buy this/these parts or maybe someone has the proper parts they want to get rid of ?

my internet search has only given me a "no longer available" or "obsolete". getting frustrated.

Go to a hydraulic shop with the valve and opening. They are really thin. Get a couple and just put them in one at a time and test it. Some guys put gauges on it, which is the right way, but us back yard mechanics don't need no stinkin gauges!:D

ok, im a bit lost.

this is a manual lift machine. isnt there a spring, ball, and other stuff that needs to be added so that i can get pressure from this port ?

that is exactly what im lookin for Hubbard.

where is a good place to start hunting this stuff down ? auto parts...hydraulic shop ? nothing is close to me so i need all of my ducks in a row on this one.

looking at all those pieces i wouldnt know where to start.

i mean i cant call a place and ask if they have #1652216 in stock.

scratch that.

partstree has what i need. for $75 friggin bucks

Where did you buy the rest of the lift? Someone who handles Sunstrand might be able to find you something. You'd be surprised how many hydraulic and hydrostatic supply companies there are in any suburban or metropolitan area. You might be shocked by the prices though. There's also the possiblity that Deere or Cub relief valves might possibly interchange? The 149 and similar tractors used a sunstrand hydro with hydro lift. There would be tons of these on eBay.

story goes like this.

guy stops by the house asks if i wanna sell my 7116. i tell him no but i would consider selling a newer soveriegn that is gonna be for parts anyway. we settle on a trade for a 38" tiller.

fella takes the whole rear end along with BGB and some misc. other parts and tells me i can have the machine back if i want. machine still has front end and hydro lift so i bring it back home and here i am.

everything is hooked up im just not getting pressure to move the cylinder. and hopefully i dont have any lines crossed. i didnt take it all apart myself so nothing was marked.

also i would go over and ask the fella for these parts but he just put his cab on two days prior to me starting this project. so thats a dead issue.

right on Ray. which is exactly what i did.

parts are ordered and should arrive Wed.

cheaper than Partstree too ;)

thank you fellas for all of your help.

Just one other bit of information. The engine must be running and the clutch must be released for the hydrolift to work. It will not work if the clutch is depressed. Mine would work before I installed the second relief valve, but it just would not lift a very heavy load. I could stop the rotation of the rockershaft with my foot. Now it would break my leg and not even load the engine.

gotcha Hubbard. and thanks. my foot seldom touches the clutch pedal.

should i put a pressure gauge on it as i adjust(shim) ? i think i have one that will fit. and where(which port) would i test from ?

if so, what is ideal PSI ?

i really do appreciate all the help fellas.

well i got parts yesterday and installed today. everything works as it should....at least after i changed 2 crossed lines.

lifts 150lbs. at the rear out 3 foot.

thanks guys