Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rich_kildow

Aux Lighting

rich_kildow

I know they aren't OEM, or even anything near it, but if you are looking for bang for your buck lighting and low amp draw, it would be tough to beat these:

(I'm not associated with this seller or manufacturer in any way)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=181253624233

At under 3 amps for the pair, I have no concerns about the charging system or running them straight through a switch. My original thought was to put them on my cab for snow duty, but they would be nice to have on the hood somewhere. I'm not fond of drilling holes so I'll have to figure out where to put them. I'll be ordering at least one more set for my Craftsman backup blower tractor and might even add one on the back of the 7116.

Burntime

Rich, I am not positive but those look exactly like the ones I had bought a few years back, and for almost 3 times the price! There were incredible! 2 in front and 1 in back. It looked like I was trying to light the whole neighborhood!

rich_kildow

I got the 18W ones instead of the 27W and can't imagine needing more light. One of them lit the garage up like daylight and the floods seem to have a great pattern.

rich_kildow

We've got more snow coming tonight and I need to figure out how to mount these. I'm not a huge fan of drilling the top of my hood, although that would make wiring them into the existing lights very easy. I also thought about putting them on the cab but might want them for other night jobs and don't want to have to cut my fabric cab. Any suggestions or should I just drill the 2 holes and get them mounted?

JohnMBerst

Could always make a bar thru the hood slots like I did many years ago. Used a plate under with foam on both top and bottom to "sandwich" to the hood. Then no paint damage. Also very close to head lights, so wires can just be unplugged and switched over. Then the tractor switch for the lights works.

IMG_0340.JPG

Just my usual .02.

IMG_0340.JPG.e3d69a872c6ef6ad0068179574b97ec5.JPG

BLT
quote:Originally posted by JohnMBerst

Could always make a bar thru the hood slots like I did many years ago. Used a plate under with foam on both top and bottom to "sandwich" to the hood. Then no paint damage. Also very close to head lights, so wires can just be unplugged and switched over. Then the tractor switch for the lights works.

IMG_0340.JPG

Just my usual .02.

id="quote">
id="quote">No powered rotator??|)

rich_kildow

Done per John's idea. I had the stuff laying around and foam left over from my truck topper worked perfectly. The lights throw a nice even coverage of white light from my garage to the end of my 250' driveway. We're in for another 8-15" tonight so I should be able to get some pics of the lights in the morning. AND it has a powered rotator! I finally have 99% of the bugs worked out and if I can just get it to start in the cold without starting fluid, we'll be golden.