Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I think I just bought a 7016H

JoggerFogger

I saw it on Craigslist when I was looking for a donor for my dad's problematic 3415H. It was a 3 hour drive, but I think it was worth it.Gave the guy $250 for it not running. He bought a house with 6 acres and it came with the house. He had 5 different really nice machines to work the land, and didn't want to mess with this one.Got it home and had it running in about 20 min. :P All it took was some sandpaper to the points and Voila! I couldn't be happier.Got a nice tiller, a big deck, and a Hydrostatic tractor!I would like to figure out what year it is, and some of the details. If you know, holla!Feels nice after pulling my hair out all last year with my 64 Landlord. It's so much quieter, more refined, and strong!Yeeehaaaa,Kevin

00F0F_5VFLwNnhBmo_600x450.jpg

My guess would be a '76-77. Nice find! And that was a steal. If it has a tiller, the tiller is worth all of that. Now, you have to go to the Doctor. You have the fever.........

That IS the 1st symptom of the illness. Last time I purchased a second tractor for parts for another, within a week I had (3) 515 Serfs!

I wish you a quick recovery my friend!

;)

To me it is a later model, it has the headlights in the grill instead of the pod lights. I noticed it doesn’t have the stripes on the seat pan like mine. Does the engine have the starter generator or the bendix style starter? Mine has the bendix style starter so it leads me to believe it’s towards the later end of the series.

When I first joined this site and looked around I have to admit; I laughed at some of the people here with multiple Simplicity's. Really, how many does a guy need? Shoot, I can see the problem now. I've sat here and scoured the 'net for a single part weeks on end for my '64 and could be willing to pay $200 for it. And all of a sudden this unit pops up, a WHOLE tractor. I had to have it. And I TOTALLY don't need it. I could push mow my lawn in 45 min. I live in the city for crying out loud.

I didn't know what it was called until now, but it has the Bendix style starter.

One funny thing is that my first instinct was to come here and start looking for comparable tractors to try and figure out what exactly it was, and the first one I saw was the Tractor of the Month on the opening page! That one is a 1977 7016 but it has the large Starter/Generator hanging on the driver's right side. So I assume this is newer than that.

This guy is going to take such minimal effort to have back to perfect working order. There's a few clipped wires, a bolt where a fuse should be, and a few knick nack, rinky dinky fixes that need to be fixed correctly, but I already love it. And a good deal is just the icing on the cake.

BTW, it's a 1978. Product #1690342

-Kevin

If the Briggs has a gear tooth starter, I think it's a repower. I think all 7000 series tractors had S/Gs. Check the mfg numbers on the tin for year of manufacture.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.

And how about a pic of the tiller?

Put on the tiller to see if it worked and if I had all the parts to make it work. AWESOME. I'm so excited. This thing is worth $250 just as a rototiller.

20131109_145800.jpg

I do have the starter gear cover. I took it off to inspect it.

20131109_145907.jpg

20131109_150057_Richtone%2528HDR%2529.jpg

The PTO belt is very cracked, but I'm sure it's like $100 to replace. I'm just going to run this one until it breaks.

20131109_150113_Richtone%2528HDR%2529.jpg

20131111_094103.jpg

20131111_094113.jpg

I haven't tried the mower deck yet, but it looks good. The bearings are a little tight, hopefully it loosens up with some use. I didn't see any zerks for adding grease.

Congrats!!! that was a good deal for a great tractor. My 1st was a 7000 series [with an identical tiller] and is still my most reliable tractor dOd

quote:Originally posted by PhanDad

If the Briggs has a gear tooth starter, I think it's a repower. I think all 7000 series tractors had S/Gs. Check the mfg numbers on the tin for year of manufacture. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me. And how about a pic of the tiller?

id="quote">
id="quote">According to Briggs parts book, if engine type is 0252-01, it calls for a 10amp magnet flywheel and that would have gear starter.

There should be grease fittings on the arbors, but they aren't for lubing the bearings. They just fill the arbors to prevent rust.