Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Latest purchase

Killer_A-C

Very nice find! Now just make it look like.........

quote:There is a guy about 20 minutes from me that Owns All the rest of them in the World.id="quote">
id="quote">

......one of those!:Q

I had never seen a MM garden tractor in real life, before I saw one in the back of a truck I passed on I-75 Monday on my regular commute. Oddest thing to see here in GA, two MM and two rear engine JD riders.

Boy thats a sweet collection. I ran across a fella mowing with one a month or so ago at a local corn maze. Turns out he is a big Oliver and growing AC ag tractor collector, and handles his small lawn areas with the MM and an Oliver variety gt. He had no other lawn and garden equipment and seemed far less impressed by what he had than I was. He was NOT, however, interested in letting anything go =]

I bought one of those at a local scrap yard years ago. This one (if I recall correctly) was green and red and was called a Jacobson Chief ? Sound right ?

Cost me 100 bucks and would have been a pretty good machine but the transmission was shot and a few other things. After the tornado a few years ago I pulled the engine and hauled it away for scrap.

It had 3 lug hubs on the rear if I remember correctly and the hood and dash were aluminum. The engine is the sweetest running Kohler I've ever seen. I have a Power King I hope to set the engine on.

Very rare around here as your pics are the only others I've ever seen. Kind of wish I had kept it now but in the aftermath of the storm I had more going on than I could handle.

Gratz on your find. Good looking machine.

quote:Originally posted by Tarheel

I bought one of those at a local scrap yard years ago. This one (if I recall correctly) was green and red and was called a Jacobson Chief ? Sound right ?

id="quote">
id="quote">Yes...they were rebadged as several brands, if I'm not mistaken. Ford, Oliver, MM, etc. were all to the Jacobsen, as Allis was to the Simplicity of the era. Some, were much more scarce tahn others, and any GT with a 'Big Tractor' brand, seems to drive a higher price than their L&GT-only counterparts.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• littlefan
    • Johnsteer
    • Snojetter
    • JAV13037
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts