Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What color to paint?

ardisam

Hey guys, I picked up a Allis Chalmers 912 from AC712. It did not have a motor or a mower deck. It had a JD seat on it and let's say the seat wasn't on there for very long, lol. I put the 14hp motor that I got for Brett in it, and the seat I had from my 910 and ordered a new one for the 910( 910 will be for sale shortly). My only problem is what color to paint it, I was thinking to paint orange and make it a 914 Hydro, or paint it spring green and have it as a 914 Deutz Allis. But, when I look in the Deutz Allis brochure there is a 914 with hydro lift. Is that standard? I thought they only had manual lift. Note: I put a electric lift on the tractor and that be on there after I paint it. So guys, help me decide what to paint it.

mini-IMG_20131118_114851_662.jpg

mini-IMG_20131118_114902_633.jpg

mini-IMG_20131118_114851_662.jpg.a3cae005664c864c46df68afbfd103fe.jpg

mini-IMG_20131118_114902_633.jpg.101b5f08f63e3c4ec8decf03a8a6ec0c.jpg

I was thinkin' a custom parade version of pink, for breast cancer awareness. One of a kind. You could be hero.......in circles outside of the conventional die-hards here. :o

My vote for a 7100 redo would be corp orange on black. There was one on here a year or two ago...in Simplicity decals, I believe, and it was GORGEOUS. I've since wanted to see one done in 900 series brushed decals....would be better yet with the Lombardini in it. ;)

No matter what color,

There is a major concern for all us "can doers". There is an increasing number of auto parts dealers, moving from Duplicolor, and Rustoleum to a new player in town... VHT. Just found out Auto Zone is going in that direction, exclusively. Here is a link into VHT

http://www.vhtpaint.com/wheretobuynew.jsp

Wayne

Wayne, I only believe in one paint that is made by Valspar, AGCO. I can always order it from the dealer and having it shipped to me. Plus I have decided what to paint the tractor, orange. So, it will be a Allis Chalmers 914 Hydro with electric lift.