Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
FlashandFlare

Todays CL haul

FlashandFlare

Trailer isn't loaded down like some of the ones I have seen others post, but for the money I have invested, well worth the 1hr 48mins each way drive time.Early 90's Lrg Frame 860 with a windowed Tecumseh and a Spring trip snow blade. Owner of the blade said it was on a Conquest, I am gonna search for a Lrg Frame hitch.

IMG_20131122_141249_817%20-resize.jpg

IMG_20131122_141616_079%20-resize.jpg

IMG_20131122_141227_014%20-resize.jpg

FlashandFlare

The 860 is getting a 8hp off my mid 80's 860 that has a damaged running gear. The asking price of this was $100 less than the cost of the parts needed to fix mine, seemed like a no brainer.

The plow was a lucky find, just happened to be looking at the right place at the right time to see it listed for $25........does this qualify for the "you suck" award ?

SmilinSam

The snowblade hitch is also the same frame as the snowblower hitch for broadmoor/conquest/prestige. Its just missing the belt tensioner and pulleys to use the blower.

If you get that stuff, and want to use a older style blower like used on the soveriegn styles 1973-2000, you woould have to shorten the frame up, do a little trimming, and drill new mount holes. Thats what I did to mount a blower on my 005 Broadmoor using same hitch you have. Only thing is, the blade would not fit on it then...

FlashandFlare

For once, a project actually went better than expected.

Sunday I yanked the Tecumseh engine off and the bolt pattern for the Briggs 8hp was already there, as was a few other bolt patterns. Assuming they were for the 5-9 and 10hp variations also.

Only hiccup was the belts from the the Tecumseh where to short, luckily I had a full set belts from the Briggs.

Total time invested in the swap approx 2hrs.

F&F

Sign in to follow this