Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Freebie....saved from scrap

Simple_4041_P-MAX

I don't buy these newer tractors as I'm not a big of them but a guy called me and said he wanted this 4108 out of his yard....he was only 8 miles down the road sooooo we went and picked it up. What I'm going to do with it.....I don't know but it was going to scrap Monday so I figured I would try to do something with it.

free_opt.jpg

free_opt.jpg.682c6983d9e4ecbca7bc91912dcc6b30.jpg

I bought and sold over 25 of these (Regents)the past 8 months...these are a bread and butter tractor for flipping around these parts.These tractors cut AWESOME !

Nice save.

Around here these little tractors aren't too popular and unless they're mint they don't bring much... I will get it in the garage tomorrow and try starting it and go from there. It has a 11hp Briggs in it that looks to be in good shape.

Exactly, I'm not a fan of them at all and I don't buy them unless they're real cheap or in this case, free. I just don't like the way there built cheaply like a mtd.

Say what you want about these tractors.These tractors in good condition with deck fetch 250-300 all day long in my area. Parts are super easy to come by and very easy to work on.. I have never had a problem with rear wheel removal...knock on wood.

Right now I have 5 of these ready and waiting for sale in spring.

Dan,

When I had the rear wheels off a couple of years ago for tire work, I gave the axles a liberal coat of "never seize" (nasty stuff to work with, but effective). Now it's slip and slide, whenever I have to pull the wheels. Like to mount/remove the chains, etc.Just be careful, there are two different sized spacers, The larger one belongs on the RH side. Another good practice is to check the brake adjustment (accessible when the RH wheel is removed).

Cheers,

Wayne

BTW great little grass machine, and utility machine around the property.

I'm a big believer in Never Seize for sure. I think I'm going to hold on to it for a while and see what I can do with it...