Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

sispro

Adding Strobe Light

rokon2813

If you want it higher, how about 2 railing mounting flanges and 3 feet of pipe?

You want it at least above your head or you will be blinded every time you look over your shoulder.

GrincheyOne

Try your local marine/boat supply, they have hardware to mount shafts topped by lights. There is one I saw where the base of the shaft had a connector to plug into the base flange. And most marine grade equipment holds up well to the weather.

Wayne

RickS

By wiring the strobe lights independently of the headlights you can control when the strobe lights are on or off.

I really like the idea of the strobe lights in the seat pan; less likely to be knocked off.

Rick.......

adamf203
quote:Originally posted by sispro

I like that how you get the lights to strobe like or did you buy them like thatthe only thing is I am not wanting to use the strobe in the summer months

id="quote">
id="quote">I bought them with a multi-flash pattern and then wired them in series. I just changed the switch last week so that they are independent of headlights and can be set to solid, flash (using one of the set patterns), or rotating patterns (rotating through all flash patterns).They werent that expensive - maybe 45 each, and then I bought the bezel housing.

csciara

i used an old light i had, like a small tail light and used a flasher relay in the circuit its a slow flash and not a strobe but it does get attention when im plowing snow in the dark

i mounted it in the seat pan hole on a 716