Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Winter Fleet of One

Gary

I was in the Navy, so I know that there is more than one in a fleet. That being said, this is all that is currently in my fleet.It's my Agco 918H. I've had it for about 3 years. The Kohler Command runs pretty good, for just over 1400 hours. I'd like to repaint this one, when my 917H Allis is done. We'll see.

WinterFleet1.jpg

WinterFleet2.jpg

WinterFleet3.jpg

The blower is a 42", with an electric rotator mechanism that I designed. It works well, and didn't cost an arm and a leg.The cab was picked up from Biggie Rat, last year. I can highly recommend a cab to anyone who's out in the cold. What a difference.Saw the pics of the snow being posted, and I thought I'd better get ready to roll!

I got a pair of Snow Hogs from a trashed out Ariens WB blower. Price was right.:D I had an extra set of 4.00-480 X 8 rims. I found that aided in steering. ATV tires were good enough to elimate chains also.

912%20blower.jpg

The last improvement was this:

This is what I started out with: https://www.surpluscenter.com/Electrical/Linear-Actuators/DC-Linear-Actuators/2-25-STROKE-LH-12-VDC-LINEAR-ACTUATOR-F681N-5-1762-L.axd

Can't beleive how handy this is, along with electric rotator.

Yes, they are indeed Carlisle X-Trac's. I really like how they work for steering. Mine are 4 ply, mainly because of the extra weight they have to carry. Anyone looking for a good winter tire, you'd not need to look anywhere else.

That's a really great looking cab! I tried to find a hard side cab, but it's not easy to do. I never did locate one that was close enough to consider.

Nice looking fleet!!

Yes, they are hard to come by. I saw this one and knew it would need work. Fabricated the front cowl around the hood and pedals, and mounting hardware, and restored the rest. It is fiberglass, so it isn't too heavy, I can easily lift it and install it myself (doors are off when I do this). I have seen this cab only once before, advertised with a Powermax on Craig's list, so I think it was originally a Powermax cab, aftermarket setup though, I believe. The wiper motor is stamped 1971 as I recall, but it works well. I have a fan/defroster mounted inside and the strobe and a dome light. It's comfy, but it's LOUD!yell:)

We're "supposed" to get 2 - 4" of snow tonight, along with some ice. I put on a new blower belt last night, just in case. I'll try to get a couple of pics, if it amounts to anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I've blown snow without a cab, and this is indeed a much better solution than having it blow back in your face. If it's not extremely cold outside, you don't even get very cold. The windshield wiper on the glass windshield is also very helpful.