Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AC712H

Engine bench test ideas?

AC712H

Can anybody show their engine bench test setups? I am looking for a setup that I can test run different engines with. Hoping to see basic setups that can test briggs and kohler single cylinders. Pictures would be best.

osenga

I just use some big (C clamps) on the bench and get them good and tight. And then just hang a tank on a shelf and can just image hoe the wiring looks.

I would like to drill holes in the bench top and weld nuts under it and then just have to grab 4 bolts and be done and ready to test them but I think my bench would look like Swiss cheese if I do that

GLPointon

DITTO....I'm still wanting to build one very soon, easy & useful

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

Best test stand I have ever seen was built by and belongs to Smilinsamhttp://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=119767&SearchTerms=test,engine

id="quote">
id="quote">

perry

I have a electric wench mounted on the ceiling and a rolling work bench with wood top. couple drywall screws to hold the engine down , a plastic MTD gas tank up on shelf and a portable jump box to jump the starter. breaks down and put away as fast as it go's up. no extra engine test stand to take up shop space.

here video of is my setup -

Brettw

wench [wench]

noun

1. a country lass or working girl: The milkmaid was a healthy wench.

2. Usually Facetious. a girl or young woman.

3. Archaic. a strumpet.

verb (used without object)

4. to associate, especially habitually, with promiscuous women.

So, you have an electric version of a working girl? That lifts engines? She is Russian girl, big-strong like bull, no?

On the other hand, a winch may work just as well with way less grief and would be much easier to understand.:D