Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower deck

allis712

I was wondering if anyone has adapted a B series mower deck to a Allis 700 series tractor. I have a Allis 716 that I would like to put

on a 48" mower deck on, any information would be helpful.Thanks everyone!!!!

You can put the B series on the 716. The problem is the height adjusters will hit the running boards when trying to raise the deck. I think there something about the center pulley size as well. I'm sure someone else will chime in as well.

quote:Originally posted by B112_son

You can put the B series on the 716. The problem is the height adjusters will hit the running boards when trying to raise the deck. I think there something about the center pulley size as well. I'm sure someone else will chime in as well.

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks for the info B112, I was wondering about the center pulley. I had the deck laying around and was hoping to put it to some use. Thanks all!!!

You are using a 48" correct? If so the 48" uses the same bail and adjusters as the RBT deck and that will not be an issue. If its a late enough deck I believe you can simply unbolt the center drive pulley (held onto a flange with 3 bolts) and install the correct, larger diameter pulley for the RBT. Your lift connection will also be different as the B-decks lifted with a chain rather than the cable and eyelet.

quote:Originally posted by Chris727

You are using a 48" correct? If so the 48" uses the same bail and adjusters as the RBT deck and that will not be an issue. If its a late enough deck I believe you can simply unbolt the center drive pulley (held onto a flange with 3 bolts) and install the correct, larger diameter pulley for the RBT. Your lift connection will also be different as the B-decks lifted with a chain rather than the cable and eyelet.

id="quote">
id="quote">thanks Chris, I thanks I have a large center pulley I can put on the deck...John