Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Early Christmas buy

GWGAllisfan

My daughter and I drove 100 miles each way and bought this today : aGt17The good, in great shape, hydro lift nearly new deck

tmp_13858514079895419793557.jpg

tmp_13858514543906-1746475735.jpg

The bad: not running, coil has been removed. Was running and stopped. I was able to confirm it has compresssion in both cylinders. So have to find a coil and see if it will fire up. This one is new enough to consider putting money in.

GTHL Nice tractors, I always liked the color scheme. 17 horse Kohler. Hope you find a coil for a reasonable amount, they can be hard to find or pricey.

I have one and love it, I had to replace the motor in mine though as those 17's had some oil pressure issues. They are great tractors and well worth putting money into.

great looking tractor those are my favorites. check oil and make sure it full and try not to mow on to steep a hill thats what done some of them in on a hill they were starved for oil good luck. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Nice machine, If it's the series 2 engine, you should not have any problems in hilly areas. We never have in the 28 years we've owned our 917H, oil was always up of course.

quote:Originally posted by GWGAllisfan...

This one is new enough to consider putting money in.

id="quote">
id="quote">

Being new is not a plus in my book.

I dump money into old junk all the time.

Just ask my wife.

:D