Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

electric lift parts

steve-wis

Does anyone know of an aftermarket actuator that will fit a 6000 series tractor? I have found actuators, but the mounting is different and am wondering if there is anything out there that will replace the original without alot of changing. If not, does anyone have one they would sell? I have all the brackets to put electric lift on my T816 but need the actuator.

Thanks for any info!

Steve

Wayne, I am needing the actuator, the electric motor/screw unit that goes under the tractor. I think I have a switch and the brackets to mount it all.

Thanks!

Steve

The actuators were made by Thomson/Saginaw (www.thomsonlinear.com) you can find them on ebay, they made two styles for simplicity the difference is where the bungs are welded to the actuator body, study the manual for your tractors lift kit to see if the bungs are near the bottom close to the gear housing or midway up the actuator tube. If you buy a used one check it out to see if the clutch holds while lifting the blade or attachment, if it doesn't you will have to source out a clutch for it, the early ones were all metal the later ones had nylon gears.

Thanks for the info, RedBarnRick. I have found one that didn't have the bosses on the tube, don't know what it came off of or if it would be the right size even, so I passed on it. I could add the bosses to one if I knew everything else was right. I didn't know that there were two styles with the bosses on the tube tho. And, a friend told me he had one where the bosses were on the tube at 90 degrees to where they should have been so it wouldn't fit in the bracket. Lots of stuff to watch for. I have one more place to check, and if that doesn't work out, I just may spent the big bucks on ebay and buy the one on there now.

Steve