Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Revitalizer blade Set Production Costs

AC712H

Well guys, I finally have some pricing for the blades. Higher than I had expected. Still waiting from a different source for a quote. It is my understanding that a large frame revitalizer has 15 blades. How many does a small frame have? I could also sell individually if people would rather go that route. Please let me know if anybody would purchase these sets. This pricing is based on production for 30 sets at 15 blades per set for a total of 450 blades.

A36 flat steel: $55.00 per set of 15 blades

Stainless steel: $90.00 per set of 15 blades

Abrasion Resistant Steel AR500: $75.00 per set of 15 blades

These prices include shipping. I can give a break on shipping if ordering more than one set.

This is a large chunk of money for me to put up unless people are committed to buying many of these sets from me.

WHO'S IN!!!

I would get the money first. That way no one says they want a set then backs out later when your ready to ship. Mine has 14 on it, so does the one in the parts manual.

I don't think $75 (or slightly less for 14 blades) for a set is too much for a wearable, NLA part for a desireable attachment. Heck, Simplicity gets more than that for a dozer wear edge.

I'm not a metallurgist....how durable would the A36 and stainless be in this application?

A36 is your stadard hot rolled steel, more than likely it would be quick to wear down. Stainless would all depend on the grade it is.

Seams like I heard somewhere that these were made soft to prevent damage to the revitalizer or anything it might hit.

I'm suprised you have to buy a lot size of 450 pcs, Our shop runs small orders all the time. I've shiped out parts where the shipping cost more than the parts inside the box. The only exception I can think of right off hand is if special material is ordered then we charge for the cost of the steel required for a mimimum purchase.

Suggest staying away from heat treated parts. As the original blades were just hot rolled bar stock, think the A36 is the same. Guess my general question, how often and how much use do the blades get. If mild steel blades last X years of use, and offer wear vs. breakage, might make the choices clearer.

quote:Originally posted by JohnMBerst

Suggest staying away from heat treated parts. As the original blades were just hot rolled bar stock, think the A36 is the same. Guess my general question, how often and how much use do the blades get. If mild steel blades last X years of use, and offer wear vs. breakage, might make the choices clearer.

id="quote">
id="quote">I agree, the engineers did what they did for a reason. How often will a person use their revitalized. I wouldn't think a person would use it every year. The softer materials would prevent damage to the machine.

I am in for a set of whatever this discussion results in your deciding is the best material. Please let me know. I think there were at least 10 of us hoping to get replacement sets of blades.

All the best,

I am in for a set of whatever this discussion results in your deciding is the best material. Please let me know. I think there were at least 10 of us hoping to get replacement sets of blades.

All the best,