Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Plowing Snow

Mike

This year I decided to use the 918h to plow snow.

Tried it with the ags, that didn't work at all, snow was about 4-6 inches and slightly wet, I thought the ags would work because the gravel driveway wasn't frozen.

Switched to to chains on turfs and wow does this thing like plowing, even with the triad. Runs so much smoother than the k341 on the 916h, the power steering is a dream and this thing just keeps pushing. The triad doesn't have the lower end power the kohler does but makes up for it with high power.

Talntedmrgreen

Glad to hear your happy Mike! I've never had a good experience running rubber on any winter surface. Chains for me, without exception. Nothing like getting stuck, where you would never think you could get stuck, and having to chain up out int he street while your neighbors watch.

cschmidt62

They were calling for snow here last night so I went out and put the blade and chains on my GTHL-17. Started to snow just as I began ans as soon as I finished........It quit! Ended up with just a dusting.:D

B112_son

Sounds like a nice setup. Down here in southern Indiana we got a pretty good one today. I've got at least 10". Looks like its finally about done. Plowed my drive and 4 others this evening. The B112 has loaded tires and chains but now problems. I know on a day like today I sure would like hydro lift and power steering. Hydrostatic would be nice too.