Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anyone make a New seat or cover for AC 910

farmtoybuilder

Have a customer wanting new seat for his 910. Or new cover? His metal is good, but cover is shot like most of ours. Would prefer orginal style. I haven't had any luck sourcing one. Sandy Lake wants over 200.00 for new simpicity one and its not like orginal.

Seat covers pop up on flea bay once in a while, but I haven't seen any in some time. Farm and barn seats aren't too bad. You can get a decent one for about $60

The city farmers store(Tractor Supply) is a bit narrower than original, will take a bit of remount drilling most likely, but looks and works ok. Put one on this year. Around $60 bucks

A couple of years ago, Small Engine Warehouse had a supply of original seats for the 700 - 900 series. I got 2, and they are very nice reproductions. You might check with them to see if they have, or can get, any more.

Let us know what you find out, as I'm sure that others would like to get some. The price was very reasonable, at the time.

Gary. I got one of those too. They were not reproductions but were just left over stock. The first one I got was cracked. I sent it back and they sent me another. I accepted it as OK but later noticed a crack in the vynil I had not noticed. Money wasted. I should have known it was too good to be true, for the price. I would not trust an NOS seat. Plastic and rubber materials have a short shelf life. Michigan Seat Company manufactured the originals and they are now "Milsco." They have the capability to make new ones but I suspect the minimum order would be quite large and they would be pricey. Milsco is currently still producing several older style seats for JD and they are the same style seat, pan, and beading, as was used in the early 1980's.

If you go to the pull down search function and enter "seat recover" and check off "archives" and search, you will find lots of information on this, including reference to someone who rebuilds the "B" series seats.

It's this site. Go up to the brownish orange banner near the top, click on "search" between "my area" and "simple tractors", click on "search forums", mark off "archives" and hit "search" and there are a lot of threads that come up fairly quickly (on my computer anyway).

quote:Originally posted by Chris727

Gary. I got one of those too. They were not reproductions but were just left over stock. The first one I got was cracked. I sent it back and they sent me another. I accepted it as OK but later noticed a crack in the vynil I had not noticed. Money wasted. I should have known it was too good to be true, for the price. I would not trust an NOS seat. Plastic and rubber materials have a short shelf life. Michigan Seat Company manufactured the originals and they are now "Milsco." They have the capability to make new ones but I suspect the minimum order would be quite large and they would be pricey. Milsco is currently still producing several older style seats for JD and they are the same style seat, pan, and beading, as was used in the early 1980's.

id="quote">
id="quote">Chris, I bought 5 of them at the time from SEW as well. They were all perfect condition. Josh has one on the 7790 that I sold him. That seat was used by other manufacturers as well. Two years before that I went into a local Simplicity dealer and they had two on the shelf for $35 each and I bought them. I asked if they could get more and he called Michigan Seat Company while I was there. They had 3 left so I bought those as well.That seat pan is still used or was on Snappers and MTD`s and they are on eBay most of the time new. I bought a 1430 Cub to part out that had one as well. There is also a universal seat out there that uses the same pan but different mounting holes.http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Simplicity&_osacat=159912&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xmower+seat&_nkw=mower+seat&_sacat=159912http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ariens-Riding-Mower-Seat-Fits-Many-/291026276374?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43c2849016http://www.ebay.com/itm/MTD-Riding-Mower-Seat-957-0378-Fits-Many-NICE-/291026266444?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43c284694chttp://www.ebay.com/itm/2227-Snapper-1-9978-7019978-Universal-Medium-Back-Seat-etc-/370840574368?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5657d219a0The cover and bolt patterns are different but the pan is the same. The bolt pattern is easy to change.

Not really. You could simply buy one from the links above and move the seat cover over to your seat pan or drill out the holes in the new seat pan.

Who cares if it is the same as original black cover an simplicity pattern? If it has to be then that will be a problem, unless someone is willing to contact Michigan Seat Company and is willing to have it reproduced.

When your restoring one, most of us want the orginal looking one on them! I know I wouldn't want another design on one If I was restoring.

I understand that but if you can`t find NOS then used is the option when they do show up on ebay they can sometimes go for more than the tractor. The seat has been out of production for atleast 15 years.