Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

First major snowstorm of the season.

timflury

finally got everything ready with the blower. Shute control works now and the only thing missing is a cab. The storm this week was mostly rain with a little snow mixed in. Made a frozen mess. going down to 10 below tonight. Up in Two Harbours Mn they wound up with 42 inches. Glad it wasn't me!!!!!!!!

That's cold Craig! I always think of you out west, each time I see how darn cold it gets out that way vs here, beneath the warm blanket of Lake Michigan! ;)I'm about ready...been pickin away at the snow machines. The HB-112 is ready and has been used a half dozen times already with the Sweepster. The B-110 is my go-to plow machine...put the front AG's on last nite. This will be my first winter with an FEL dozer, on the Legacy, and the T-16 will be my blower, for that rare occasion I decide I want to wear all the snow vs just push it out of the way ;) I'll still dress the small frame B-twins...one with (Craig's) blower, and the other with a dozer.

20131205_183704.jpg

20131205_185436.jpg

20131204_213554.jpg

20131202_174641.jpg

Well, I guess the guy I sold my Arctic Cat ZR500 is happy! He lives in Two Harbors. We got about some the same as John, just got a good 10 mins of big flakes then rain. 919 has been sitting waiting to blow some snow.

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

We still have a shot at 2-4" on SundayC

id="quote">
id="quote">My accuweather forecast is showing light snow in the SE Wi. area late Sunday afternoon into Monday morning with temps in the low to mid 20's during the daylight hours, and lows in the high teens overnight.Should be easily handled by my POWERFUL snowblower. ^^I'm lucky on my 30' long driveway Josh, I can blow snow downwind to either side of my drive.

quote:Originally posted by Kent

Rain, so it clears itself... which is a good thing, since I sold the snow setup before moving back home.

id="quote">
id="quote">Will it be "French Toast Day" after everything clears up Kent??

Got the new expensive drive belt on the B-112, cab mounted, and the high tech electric shute ready to go! Is it spring yet? I only like to see snow on tv.

Oz

Have no fear my Prestige is here !!!

added rear weight bar this year

with 4 Simplicity weights

have room for 6

-6 here this morning

wind chill -12 no snow

Daughters father in law moving back from Texas

stranded in his yard no power lots of ice

Well I had the blade on but was forced to chain up in the midst of the snow. It's started here with a 1/4" of sleet freezing rain mix then turned to snow. About 8" of snow. I spent a couple of hours pulling the kids behind the B112 on their sleds. When they went in to warm up i started plowing drive ways. We got a little more last night and there are a few drives I didn't get to yet including my parents and the inlaws. I'm going back out now.

I have some pictures and videos and will take more. Try to get them uploaded this evening.

I'm ready to go, but we only had about an inch on the driveway. There is about 3 - 4" on the grass. I used my shovel and sidewalk blower to clear the driveway, then put salt down for the ice. It looks pretty good this morning. We're having Christmas, today, as my nephew is home on leave from the Army.

WinterFleet2.jpg

We've been ready for a month and so far the snow we've been getting is only 1-2" stuff , of the 6 snowfalls 2 melted, 3 were done with backpack blowers and the other was more like 2" slop didn't even require more than 1/3rd throttle in 3rd gear on the P Max. What snow????

This morning was similar to six years ago but not as deep, maybe 4 inches, light and fluffy.

SnoBloa.jpg

Sno pup hanlded just fine, even what the city plows left and I needed the exercise.:D

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

Bob, is that picture reversed ???For some reason, I remember the house being right of the garage, not left ??

id="quote">
id="quote">Dan, that is my neighbors house across the street.rockon06.jpg

used the walk behind, I have something in the works but will be a week before I am ready. Then, 42inchs of snow throwing bliss! I think I am changing the sprocket on the side of the blower this year. Speed er up and watch er fly! Maybe I will do a before and after if I get a chance. Brett, your making me jealous! Very nice fleet!dOd