Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow Cab Install instructions needed - 7100 series

tripleguy

Can anyone point me to installation instructions for a snow cab fo rthe 7100 series tractors? Have one in parts that I'm trying to install.

No Bob, I just picked this up and it was on a 7100 series. It should fit a Sovereign and so far I have the dash mount bracket on. I can see that there are front brackets that will mount on the footrests but the back brackets need to get bolted to the fenders. I will need to drill but before I do, it would be nice to get my hands on some oficial instructions so I don't go drilling holes where they don't belong.

You can always get all the rest bolted up and with the doors on, and latched, you can then drill the holes in the seat deck using the holes in the brackets as guides. At least this is how I did it when I installed mine.

Not sure how yours mounts in the back, but I just mounted one on my Allis T816, same as a 6216, and the rear bracket bolted on with the back two holes for the seat springs. Yours may be different, I am not sure.

As Sam says, only two holes need to be drilled. The ones that mount the rear bracket behind the seat on the seatpan. You can locate and mark those holes using the methods he describes.

I've tried 4 different old Simplicity MFR numbers and had no luck on their site.

If you can wait until Monday, you can contact Original Tractor Cab company, who made them. They've provided manuals to other owners in the past: http://www.originalcab.com/index.htm

I think I've got it. At least, it's on and the doors function. Bob found me a manual that confirmed my location - thanks man! I ended up drilling the holes at the back of the seat pan, right where the fender lip turns down at the back of the rear wheels. Doors are on, cab is on and I think it will work out OK. It's not in the greatest shape, especially the front skirt, but some black duct tape applied with low heat from a heat gun (needed in this weather for the tape to stick!) and I sealed up the torn vinyl. Don't need access through there anyway. Ready for snow now!