Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help, Bearing blowout!!!

volensaeros

First off I need to know the identity of this snow thrower. It's on a B-12. It is 36".second, does anyone know how to fix this bearing? where to get parts?

i-kh

Exe4

Hd-O

that looks like a 3 belt blower for the early landlords. I have one in yellow for my B-1. as to parts, I don't know but I have been able to get almost every bearing I've needed for my tractors and attachments at the local bearing supply stores (down here in Tampa it is Motion Ind. but I don't know if that is a national chain)

If had to cut split bearings off a shaft in the past and just used a cut off wheel. Go VERY slow when you think you might be getting close and just give it a touch at a time and a whack with a cold chisel parallel to the shaft to try to split it. The portion stuck inside will have to be pressed out, most likely.

We use a split bearing puller plate and puller for what's left on the shaft and an inside slide puller for what's left of the outer race of the bearing. That way you can read the number on the bearing, take that number to your bearing supply store and get the exact same bearing. You need these 2 tools to do that though.

http://weldwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/einstein.pl?::1:WLDWH:1:577=4330

http://m.harborfreight.com/3-jaw-pilot-bearing-puller-4876.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided